Science - Electricity
In Science this half term, we have been:
- identifying common appliances that run on electricity
- constructing a simple series electrical circuit, identifying and naming its basic parts, including cells, wires, bulbs, switches and buzzers
- identifying whether or not a lamp will light in a simple series circuit, based on whether or not the lamp is part of a complete loop with a battery
- recognising that a switch opens and closes a circuit and associate this with whether or not a lamp lights in a simple series circuit
- recognising some common conductors and insulators, and associate metals with being good conductors
At the end of the topic, we designed and made our very own quiz boards. We used our knowledge of conductors and insulators to create a board that would light up a bulb when questions were answered correctly. You can see some examples of these in the gallery.