R.E - Trip to the Sikh Gurdwara
We visited the Sikh Gurdwara on Royce Road, Peterborough as we’ve been learning about Sikhs in R.E.
Here are some of our reflections from the visit:
- To respect the Sikh culture we took off our shoes, covered our heads and washed our hands. I felt very respectful when I did this.
- I thought that the music in the prayer hall made me feel relaxed because it was peaceful and calm.
- I thought it was kind that we ate food together on the floor in the langar, which is where Sikhs serve free food to their guests. This means that we are all equal.
- I was surprised to see what the writing looked like in the Guru Granth Sahib. I found it really interesting that there were so many pages inside.
- I was interested to find out that you are expected to show your respect when you enter the prayer room. This was actually much easier than I expected.