Updated Key Worker List
I have received a letter from the Local Authority to outline the definition of a key worker
This has been agreed with the DFE :
Key workers –
· NHS staff
· Teachers and support school
· Police and community support officers
· Frontline civilian police staff
· Prison officers and staff
· Probation officers and trainee prob officers
· LA officers and LA/ NHS social workers
· Uniformed staff in fire and rescue services
· Armed forces personnel and some civilian MOD personnel (ie clinical staff, MOD police, uniformed fire and defence) and some discharged personnel
· Highway agency traffic staff
· LA environmental health officers/practitioners
· Care workers
· Food/supermarket drivers and other workers (not general retail workers)
****** PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS BOTH PARENTS WHO NEED TO BE KEY WORKERS*****
The purpose of the decision to close schools has been to reduce the risk of infection so we have been advised that the measure for both parents to be key workers is to have minimum numbers in schools.
Please can I ask that in light of this guidance, parents email me direct to confirm that both household members are key workers and come under the definition as outlined above.
Please could you provide me with your employee name and contact number for our reference.