Position - Headteacher Leighton Primary School, Peterborough. PE2 5PL.
Salary: L18 - L24.
Currently £62,426 - £72,306
Start Date – September 2020
The Governors of Leighton Primary School are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational leader. Someone who can build upon the successes achieved under the leadership of the current, much-valued, postholder in order to ensure the highest possible quality of educational provision for all pupils in the school.
The school can offer the successful candidate:
• A team of highly committed and experienced staff;
• Pupils who enjoy their school, work hard and come from a diverse community;
• An active and supportive Governing Body;
• The professional development opportunity to help us to build further on two consecutive “Good” Ofsted inspections;
• A generally well-resourced school with extensive school grounds.
The site that the school sits on is made up of Leighton Primary School, Leighton Preschool and a Breakfast and After School Club. The Headteacher will have overall responsibility for the organisation, management and conduct of the whole site. Any reference made to the School, includes the whole site as follows:-
• Leighton Primary School has a roll of just over 400 pupils, which includes a Local Authority maintained preschool. Our Preschool, which is rated Ofsted Good, takes up to 30 children. It is the vision of the governing body to expand this provision and seek to convert this into a nursery setting or the benefit of the local community.
• The Breakfast and After School Club
If you have any queries or would like to arrange a visit to look around the school please contact the Chair of Governors by email at: - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 23rd March 2020 at 9.30 a.m. with shortlisting taking place on the Tuesday 24th March. Interviews will be held on the Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st March 2020. References will be sought before interview.
Leighton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Leighton Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and selects staff on merit.
Further details about our unique school and the school’s values can be obtained from the information pack attached to this advert or the school’s website. Please contact us if you have any queries or have any difficulties submitting an application and we will be happy to send you an application pack directly.