Reading and Phonic Provision
Phonics Scheme ::
- We follow the Letters and Sounds programme but adapt delivery, order and pace to meet the children's individual needs.
- Phases 1-5 are supported by the visual and kinaesthetic songs and actions of jolly phonics.
- Phase 6 - grammar and comprehension requirements are supported by the 'support for spelling guidance'.
- We have resource boxes for each phase which are distributed to each group and planning is on the shared server as a pool of ideas that can be adapted to meet the needs of individual and groups.
- We set across the Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Year 3. We regularly review and analyse individuals and groups of learners.
- Each child is assigned a book within their level range which they are able to take home and share with their parents on a nightly basis.
- We encourage reading at home and provide reading records which provide opportunity for parents and carers to share their thoughts.
- Books are grouped based on ability, ranging from high quality picture books, early first word and progression through the phonic phases covered by the Oxford Reading Tree.
- Whole school books cover a range of genres across the school to inspire and engage our children's imaginations.
- Please find below a link to The Oxford Owl website this has lots of resources you can use . Why not take a look :